The National Oceanography Centre is the United Kingdom’s centre of excellence for oceanographic sciences. LES won the contract for the removal and installation of three passenger lifts, which were bespoke designs to detailed specifications. All noisy work needed to be completed out of normal working hours to minimise disruption to users of the occupied research building.
- 2 bespoke MRL lifts – Ziehl-Abegg gearless machine and Thames Valley Controls panels were both designed to the Consultant’s specification
- 1 Hydraulic – Bucher package which included lift cars, steelwork and architraves
- 1 MRL & 1 hydraulic completed simultaneously then 2nd MRL to minimise disruption
- No noisy works were undertaken during normal working hours .
- Zero complaints were received from the staff
- Completed on programme and to tender price
“It is very rare for me to go to this length but I wish to commend you and your company for how your staff have worked at the Centre. Overall they were and your company have been one of the best that I have ever worked with. No problem was ever too much trouble and they were very customer focused and absolutely safe at all times.”
“We couldn’t have asked for a better group of contractor staff to work at the site….and believe me we have many but your staff were head and shoulders above the vast majority of them.”
“LES have been by far the best projects contractors we have had on site in quite a while. The professionalism and coordination of works by all your contractors has been excellent. We appreciate that this is a difficult site to manage but the chaps on the ground have undertaken all rules & procedures in stride and ensured customer focus is kept in the forefront. I am pleased to have worked with LES and would gladly recommend your excellent services to other clients as well. Please keep up the good work!“